Wrap them up halfway and add some flowers



MBL062 (SOLD OUT)

I thought about doing this design for quite awhile now...I love the idea of using patterned paper to decorate a card...most people use this idea for their scrapbooks...I use it for making cards instead :). It's kinda tricky when trying to paste the wrapping paper on the card...takes a lot of patience to perform this task. Had to make sure the paper doesn't curl up or has air pockets after pasting. I see many card makers using fabric flowers or paper flowers to decorate the side of the card...but I decided to use rosettes with a button on it to achieve the look of a flower. :)

(NOT FOR SALE)
This particular card is one that I made for my client...the big flower on the side is made of paper...I cut the petals individually and arranged them in a form of a flower and glued them one by one...and added a flower button in the middle. I cut scallop patterns on the top of the card...something I learned from a paper craft magazine... :) This card is a bit bigger that the card above, so I get to use bigger punched out flowers to decorate the empty space on the top part of the card. Basically I just play with the colors available from the wrapping paper to choose what color is suitable to design the entire card.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Simplicity at its best, your cards are so pretty.
Ang

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you so much Ang!! :) I really appreciate it!

CC said...

Sweetie! I love your style! Keep it up!
With aloha!
CC

Azlina Abdul said...

Oh CC :)...I'm trying my best! Thanks so much for loving it. Sayang you! :)

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...