Red roses

HB086

I haven't been doing a lot of cards with quilled roses for quite sometime now. So it's nice to be able to get an order to do it recently. I've forgotten how tricky it is to make these. Sometimes it comes out nice and sometimes it doesn't. So I had to make a lot of it and choose the best ones for the card :).

What I love about this card is that for the first time ever, I'm using a gold colored card. Recently I found a really nice gold metallic paper stock and it really caught my eye....I just had to buy it! I've seen some gold paper stock before but I like this one the best...and it's really great for making cards with.

There isn't any pop up designs for this card....so I simply decorated inside the card with tiny red hearts around it. A simple touch. I also drew with a black pen swirling lines at the side of the card.....loved playing with that hehehe.....just simple swirling lines for the roses. I should practice more with the drawing....no matter how nervous I always get when doing it. Afraid of spoiling the card in the process....hehe...well, at least I tried ;).



6 comments:

Asma’ AB said...

classic!! i think it suitable for mothers day also. hehe ^^

Hussena said...

the roses are so beautiful ,loved the hand drawn swirls .

✿ n0ra ✿ said...

LOVE it! macam biasa mmg marvelous seninya...

diyadeary said...

I'm suck for red and that's red roses are marvellous!

Dunno when I'll lay my hand doing quilling.. :-/

Maneka said...

oooo I just love it.... lucky u found such a nice golden card stock... I'm still searching for some... anyway I love this design cos it's so simple!!!!! oh and are u kidding .. the drawings are fantastic!!!!

Lovelyrose said...

so lovely....sweet...

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...